Come to the Farmer City Genealogical & Historical Society Maple Grove Cemetery Walk October 28 at 2 PM!
We are sponsoring a cemetery walk at the Maple Grove Cemetery October 28, 2018 at 2 PM. We will look at five different sites, share family histories and other interesting tidbits:
• Hattie Moore family site, the “devil’s chair” and other grave monument ornamentation
• Alfred and Margaret Reeser family’s gravesite.
• Wheeler family – Maple Grove Cemetery founders.
• Joseph and Sabina Moore – benefactors of school land and the Moore Township High School building.
• Tull family site – Nelson Tull and Joseph Moore were old friends, buried across the lane from each other.
Maple Grove Cemetery is located about a mile south of Farmer City on the De Land Blacktop.
The program will be held at Trinity Community Fellowship, 1300 West Clinton Farmer City at 2 PM October 28.
Wear your comfortable shoes and enjoy the program.